Though I’m a full-time executive in central California, I am able to serve a limited number of clients in the following ways:
I strategize, craft, or edit such challenging communications as:
- Corporate profiles and annual reports
- Speeches for government officials and business leaders
- “Op-ed” columns for newspapers and magazines
- Website content
- Strategic plans and position papers
- Media statements
- Board proposals
Depending on the nature and duration of a project, writing and editing fees are set by project or by hour.
Common topics for my speaking engagements include:
- Mechanics of the First Amendment
- Vital signs of free expression in America
- Copyright basics for authors
- Writing rules and myths
- Business memos as a tool for advancement
- Persuasive business writing in the new-media era
Speaking occasions typically include college lectures, author conferences, business conferences, and private engagements for staff at various businesses.
I enjoy serving as a communications coach. Writing or presentation samples are analyzed, and I make specific suggestions on everything from strategic approach to tone to mechanics. Coaching services can be provided in small-group workshops or one-on-one over several sessions, in person or by phone. The aim is to achieve communications known for brevity, clarity, professionalism, and effectiveness—communications that demand attention.