I’m John Zelezny, a public relations consultant, communications lawyer, and writer in central California. My specialty is corporate, nonprofit, and collegiate messaging in challenging times. I work with CEOs, presidents, and their leadership teams to create persuasive internal and external communications.
- 25 years in journalism, public relations, and executive-level management
- 15 years as a communications professor at three western universities
- Senior leader for high-performing communications departments
- Author, six editions of “Communications Law: Liberties, Restraints, and the Modern Media”
- Former legal writer and competition judge for The State Bar of California
- Speaker for journalism forums, writers’ conferences, legal panels, and civic organizations
- Senior executive responsible for crisis messaging, media relations, CEO communications, fundraising, public affairs, and multi-million-dollar budgets
I’m working on two new books—pertaining to business communication and First Amendment law—while also providing writing, coaching, and strategic services to clients.
Availability & Contact
In 2020 I left the corporate suite, shifted to independent consulting, and should be considered “semi-retired.” But I’m professionally active and available for interesting assignments. Reach me via email at info@JohnZelezny.com